The lacework section of this design went along quite slowly and required a bit of focus on my part. I could memorize the repeat for a particular row, but trying to work my way through the pattern without frequent references led to unpleasant things. Once I hit the stockinette section, as you'd expect, the yardage flew by. I believe I worked on this through much of the April crunch at work. It required enough attention to put work stress out of mind and was a great way to turn the brain from work to play.
This sat around in a lump for quite a while waiting to be blocked. It's such a lovely design that I wanted to do it justice, and I just hadn't been feeling up to the effort. Enter my new blocking wires! Along with the foam blocking boards I ordered at the same time, these little beauties made blocking a breeze.
I set the wires through the top to make a nice straight line and was able to figure out how to position the bottom edge pretty easily (with Dave's help!). I stuck with steam this time around mostly because I already had the piece pinned out to play with my new gadgets. I steamed it quite a lot though, so hopefully it works. If not, it will now be easy enough to re-do using wet blocking.
Basic details (more on Ravelry): Unsinkable (pattern by Kirsten Kapur), 1 skein of madelinetosh merino light in 'Well', knit on size 8 circular metal needles, blocked to 77" x 11". The fabric blocked out to be light and airy with a lovely drape. I've got one more skein of this yarn in a flame orange, I can't wait to find a pattern to suit that as well as this pattern suits this pretty blue.