Thursday, March 17, 2016

green

Happy St. Patrick's Day! Taking stock of my knitting basket last night I noticed a theme.... this post is brought to you by the color green. 


Apparently I've been craving Spring without even realizing it. The el nino weather here in California means the hills are gorgeous and bursting with greens. Since daylight savings time passed, it's been so nice to get out and enjoy the outdoors after work again - on the days it isn't gray and rainy of course. I don't mind the rain so much though - more time to knit! The gray and green play well together regardless, kind of like the short piece of cowl I've got started. This is in the new cotton silk blend I'm trying, and I'm having a lot of fun working with it. So soft!


I'm getting close to the color swap on the background on this one. Alas, it wasn't done in time for today like I'd hoped when I started, but I'll keep at it and see how far I can get by the end of the month. Slow and steady, still enjoying. I think it's going to look fabulous and I can't wait to wear it!

Maybe I should start a green quilt just to stay consistent?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for chiming in and leaving a comment!