Wednesday, March 20, 2019

more mosaic

I’ve been enjoying a return to crochet lately. I’ve also enjoyed starting a bunch of new things. And (ahem) acquiring more yarn. This new project ticks off all three of those boxes at once! I have a nephew coming this summer and I decided it was the perfect time to try out a crochet blanket pattern I found recently. It might seem ambitious, but I think it will actually go pretty quickly! 


Picking out colors for a little boy was SO FUN. I ended up with a slant rhyme to nautical yellow and blue. While the teal and mustard are not what I’d call bright, they are still saturated and vibrant. The natural colored background (Scheepjes calls it English Tea) color sets them off well and hopefully will hold up better than white. I wonder, does “English tea” suggest the color of a cup of tea, or that the yarn was dropped in tea and rescued? It makes me chuckle as I work to think of fishing yarn out of a cup of tea. 


The Crossroads Throw I finished was so fun that I went searching for other mosaic crochet projects on Ravelry and came up with this pattern. The center panel will be the teal and tea waves, and there is a border strip with the mustard ‘snake’ all around the edges. It was a little slow getting started and reading the pattern, but now that I’m used to it things are moving along. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for chiming in and leaving a comment!