Sunday, September 20, 2026

more nesting


Since I'm a little stuck on my vest, I wanted to get into something simple and less demanding of my brainwaves. I made a set of nesting bowls for my mom in April and I had another set of yarn to make some for myself. I ended up making a few for a friend, which I forgot to photograph as the finished pair, but here is the larger of the two. She came by one night and off they went to their new home. 


As I thought about what I liked and did not like about the baskets, I realized I would like them much more if they were a little bit shallower. I had some extra yarn, so I decided to make the two smallest sizes one row shorter than the pattern called for. They turned out great and are now at work perking up my desk. They're handy for holding post-it notes and ear buds! 


There is a bit more yarn left because I did not make the larger size like I did for my mom, so I might make another small one, or perhaps enjoy the leftovers in something else like a dishcloth or a chicken. Stay tuned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for chiming in and leaving a comment!