Thursday, February 13, 2014

finally up to date

I finally finished my November block from the Get Your Hex On bee. Sorry, Celine! It'll be on the way across the pond at long last. I'm ashamed it took me so long, really! The logistics of me and fabric meeting up to realize any sewing has become somewhat of a barrier since Sacramento came into my life in November. I brought up Christmasy colored fabrics (i.e. red and green) the last time I was down with my stash, basted hexagons last Thursday night, then packed them up in my hand stitching kit to take with me on the train Friday night.

Oh how lovely that train ride was. It finally rained here in California, we need it (!), and so I was especially thankful that I decided to try out the train down to the Bay Area for the weekend instead of driving in it. The ride was about two and a half hours long, which was plenty of time for me to stitch up this block as the wet miles zipped by outside the window. The thought has occurred to me that I could likely finish quite a few EPP blocks on the train over the course of the next year and get a quilt together. Hmmmm…. As if I needed a reminder of this year! I think I'll remember it just fine. I digress.


Luckily I finished December's block and January was my month to send out packages so I got a respite.  I have received several of my blocks back and they are looking great. It will likely take me longer than the time I have until my nieces' birthdays to finish that quilt up and get another one done ("one for you, one for your sister") but I'm sure they will make fine Christmas presents at the end of this year. I haven't done my own block for January, but if we don't think about that, I'm all up to date! It's a good feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for chiming in and leaving a comment!