Thursday, January 1, 2015

sweater triumph

I am so excited! I cast on the first stitches of this sweater in December 2012. And today it's finally bound off! After many fits and starts, my first adult-sized sweater. I still have to block it and weave in those last ends, but I wanted to snap a quick shot of it and ring in the new year with this little celebration. 


Last night while waiting for midnight I finished up the arm band ribbing and picked up the first of the button bands. Tonight while spending some quality time with my in-laws at their campsite by the beach in Half Moon Bay the button bands were done and I shared the moment of truth (aka finally trying it on) with them. Not too bad! It definitely needs some blocking to help it lay correctly and relax the springy fabric a bit but all in all I'm pretty happy with it. I am really glad I decided to weave in all my ends before starting the button bands so now I have just four to deal with, should be wearable in no time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for chiming in and leaving a comment!