Thursday, November 5, 2015

bumpity bump

I've been working my way through the center section of a Kir Royale for the last couple of weeks and loving it. It was my companion during playoff baseball until I realized I was knitting VERY TIGHTLY because the poor Cubs were playing so poorly.   


Check out the texture on this! While it looks complicated, it's really just a clever use of slipped stitches and garter stitch. I'm enjoying not having to purl yet, though once I get to the cables it's all over. Still, that will be a while because this has been somewhat slow going as the rows continue to increase in size. As an aside, this is the first time I've done a garter tab cast on and while it seemed overly complex and silly at first compared to just casting on a number of stitches, I have to say the resulting straightness across the edge is worth the few extra steps.

This yarn is the lovely Madeline Tosh Merino DK I bought this summer at Fengari. The color is alizarin, such a nice mix of warm tones! I'm looking forward to seeing how it looks as progress continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for chiming in and leaving a comment!