Saturday, January 30, 2016

maeve

so. stinkin. cute. 


Our friends are having a baby -- and she's due in February! I thought it would be nice to make her a little sweater to keep her warm during these chilly El Nino months. It's not exactly snowpocalyse like it is on the East coast, but us West coasters are quite ok with some cold rain thank you very much! Either way, baby needs to keep warm and toasty. 


I whipped this darling little thing up in a few days. Worsted weight yarn + easy pattern = quick knit. Don't be fooled, the ease of knitting and the fact that the pattern is free does not mean that its a crappy pattern. In fact I quite liked it, and I can see lots of room for modifications and additions on this simple blank canvas. The only change I made was to use a contrasting yarn for the button band and collar. After browsing through the many finished projects on Ravelry I decided not to do contrasting arm and waist bands. There aren't many wth just a contrasting collar, but I liked those the best. 


I found a matched set of tortoise-shell-like buttons in my random bag o' buttons from Britex. They are sewn on with pearl cotton thread so they are nice and sturdy. Keen eyes and a good memory will reveal that these are the same colors in my Split Rotation. Indeed, I used up the remaining navy and have a small amount of the persimmon left. I still love this color combo and it's sweet for a little girl.  

Pattern: Baby Sophisticate (my Ravelry project page)
Yarn: Caron Simply Soft Solids in 'Dark Country Blue' and 'Persimmon'
Needle: Size 8 circular (rosewood)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for chiming in and leaving a comment!