Wednesday, December 27, 2017

pax

When I told my mom I was making socks for my dad, I asked if she wanted anything off my needles for the holidays. She suggested gloves, or a hat, or 'something cute'. Then a few days later, I got a Pinterest message with a cute hat pattern in it with a "Can you make this? I used to love peace signs." Why certainly! It was quick work to whip up this beret and I used about half of a pretty purple-y pink skein of Tosh Merino DK in Alizarin from my stash.


I reduced the band ribbing to 7 rows instead of the recommended 14 because it seemed a bit wide to me. I ended up with just 20 yards left, so that was a good decision on my part. I took it right down to the wire and didn't remember to block the thing until the night before we left for Chicago. It was *mostly* dry by the time I packed it in my carry on in the morning, I do admit to giving it a quick once over with the hair dryer. She's been wearing it in the (frankly) frigid weather we've had this week, so chalk up another successful knitty gift for 2017. 

Pax hat (my Ravelry page)
Pattern: Peace Beret by Christin Kimsey, free on Ravelry
Yarn: madelinetosh Tosh Merino DK in 'Alizarin'
Needle: US 6

1 comment:

  1. Love love love this beret, it served me well during the winter. Thanks Alia for your fast needles!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for chiming in and leaving a comment!