Friday, January 4, 2019

mosaic crochet

I had so much fun with my last project using a Caron cake that I'm starting another one. While it is tempting to take all three skeins I bought and make that fabulous shawl three times, I decided to try something else. I'm not certain how I found this pattern on Ravelry, but mosaic crochet is a technique I've never done before and it looks like self striping yarn with long color changes will do the trick nicely. The resulting fabric is certainly very striking with this color combination and it's pretty easy once you get the hang of it.


I'm finding that it takes a little bit of attention to get the first side done (it is worked in the round), but once I get the idea of that row's pattern I don't have to read the instructions anymore. It's been really good early morning and late evening handwork for the past couple of days. It's starting to grow a little more slowly as the rounds get longer... I'm excited to see the finished square and to decide how to finish it. Right now I'm thinking pillow cover if it is smaller or maybe adding more yarn in this pinky peachy color family if it is almost big enough to be a throw once the colorful cake is done. We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for chiming in and leaving a comment!