Tuesday, March 17, 2020

garden visitor

We are approaching the first day of spring here in California and also celebrating St. Patrick's Day. I have the perfect photo! This is an aeonium I've had since it was a tiny little thing in 2013 and now it is multiple feet high and getting ready to bloom. It's a gorgeous color of green right now; it has been thriving in its new environment down here.


I've got a bit of gray heather yarn to work with after finishing off the blanket recently, so I thought I'd try my hand at making one of these bunnies. There are quite a few patterns I've saved on my Pinterest and Ravelry favorites page that require just a little bit of yarn. This little guy took just a couple of days and turned out so well I wonder if the garden is fooled!


Instead of the suggested legs I took a cue from some of the other folks that made the pattern and made I-cord legs. I also added a pompom tail because, well obviously. It may be a little too big but I'm sticking with it! Attaching everything was not nearly as cumbersome as I feared and in no time I had this little guy ready to check out the kale and carrots in the raised bed. I give you Patrick the bunny.


Pattern: Henry's Bunny by Sarah Elizabeth Kellner, free on Ravelry (my Ravelry page)
Yarn: Lion Brand Wool-Ease Solids, Heathers, & Twists in 'gray heather'
Needle: US 4 (3.5 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for chiming in and leaving a comment!