I have the itch to cross stitch! Mom got me hooked on some FlossTube channels and has also made me some very pretty pieces lately so I have felt inspired to return to this craft, quite possibly my first craft? Satsuma Street is a designer who uses color and whimsy in a way that appeals to me. Not only are the colors bright, I enjoy the way she combines her colors in the designs. Some of her work, the cities and some of the season samplers, are geometric and bright in a way that gives me It's a Small World vibes.
Mom told me just at the end of last month that there was a Xmas in July sale going on, so I popped over to see what I could see. I quite like the small ornaments she has designed for Halloween and Xmas when I have seen them on the various YouTube channels I now follow. When I looked through the sale collection, I saw two bird themed ones I particularly liked. Turns out they were individually available but also bundled up with two others, so for just a little bit more cost I got four charts instead of just two. Yes please. I have a partridge with a pear, two lovey doves, a hen with an Eiffel Tower (so cute), and four birds on a telephone. That last one just totally got me with both whimsy and color.
I resisted the impulse to go with the exact colors called for, despite the fact that I enjoy her colors, and instead opted to dive into what I already had to see if I had colors that were close. I was pretty pleased to be able to pull satisfactory colors for everything, even some of the actual called for shades. I already had appropriately sized Aida as well, so away I went.
I really enjoyed starting this chart. This is just one evening of stitching! The last time I worked on a cross stitch project, my proud plant parent sass, it seemed like it took forever even though it was relatively small. For some reason this one has been more enjoyable and I could not put it down. The phone is starting to take shape and there's a couple of birdie bellies making an appearance. I am pleased to be using my newest project bag, also with birds on it. This will definitely be done by Xmas.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for chiming in and leaving a comment!