Saturday, May 12, 2012

Mom's Day Surprise

I am pleased to say that I have finished the sewing machine cover, it is all boxed up and ready to ship off to a special person, my mom :). The following post will mainly be pictures to share the many details that went into this project since starting on Sunday.


To finish off this side, I added a quartet of yo-yos next to the large quilt block. Rather than sewing them on I used fabric glue.


The patchwork and pom poms on this side are so cute it made me rethink which side is 'the front'. I expect Mom will have a tough choice on her hands! I especially like the pezzy print here.


A handy pocket to store odds and ends. I think the two dot prints play especially well together here. The brown dot print is also used around the bottom of the whole thing as a binding. (Please excuse the slouch, it was fit on my messenger bag in these photos)


For the lining I used this fantastic home dec weight peacock fabric. The weight gives it some structural support and the peacocks lend some hidden quirk!


My favorite part might be the yo-yos, though it was difficult to choose. I had so much fun thinking up all the pieces to this, and I couldn't be more pleased with the final result.

1 comment:

  1. So pretty! I love the pompoms and the pocket. If you're looking for another place to share your creative projects, check out Etcetorize (http://etcetorize.blogspot.com). Party starts later tonight, would love to see you there~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for chiming in and leaving a comment!