Sunday, June 10, 2012

Dogwood Medallion

The class quilt for the handstitched class I am taking will be completed in parts over the class, incorporating techniques we learn as we go along. In an effort to keep up, I started (and finished!) the medallion center panel this weekend since it was a lot of new stuff to try to absorb during my evenings. I learned a bunch of new techniques including how to use spray starch and freezer paper, and I enjoyed my first experience hand sewing with pearl cotton thread.

My day went something like this: 


 Assemble and hand stitch the reverse applique panel.


Realize at this point it would make a perfect pillow for the guest bed/couch -- take picture to remember.


Finish panel!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for chiming in and leaving a comment!