Sunday, June 24, 2012

Pin Cushion Pair

I finished another pin cushion caddy, this time for my Mom. This one is made with Summerlove fabrics to match the sewing machine cover I made her for Mother's Day.

Instead of modifying the inner cylinder to fit my outer tube of fabrics like I did in the last one, I fiddled with the seams on the wedges to make it fit. I would say both approaches were successful. The advantage of keeping the inner diameter as it is in the pattern is that this caddy was able perfectly fit two cans of tuna inside to keep it from collapsing in while I was stuffing it. Literally. Two cans of tuna. Perfectly. I still had a hard time stuffing it, but at least it wasn't bulging in on me this time.

Super awesome, again! I really enjoy the challenge of this pattern. There is at least one more in my future. (For me!)

June Finishes


  1. What a clever little project! I love the colors you used! I hope your mom loved it! Great finish! Thanks for linking up!

    xo -E

  2. Great colours, I'm going to search out the tutorial and make this :)


Thanks for chiming in and leaving a comment!