Monday, August 27, 2012

Well this just clinches it...

I love it.


It wasn't until I put on the linen border and the final round of scrappy strips that the whole thing really came together, but now I absolutely love everything about this quilt top. It was one of those magical moments where my eye finally went "ooh! look it's all working together!" and my heart filled with pride (and a little bit of relief, if we're being totally honest with each other).


There were times I wasn't too sure, like when I stacked together the fabrics from my stash and thought the colors were nice together but maybe a little uninspired. Or when I put the patchwork on and went 'ack! might be too bold!' And let's not forget all the hemming and hawing that went into the fabric choices for the on-point squares and the worry that maybe there was too much orange - then again maybe not enough. On second thought, let's.


Let's just focus on how this serendipitous stack of fabrics pulled from the cabinet with stubbornness ("I will NOT buy new fabric for this project!") became something totally unexpected and wonderful.


I need to think up an appropriate name for it, but I have plenty of time. I have other projects to move on to that have deadlines, but between them I will be putting together a back and then ambitiously *hand quilting* it. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Oh I love it! You did such a great job picking fabrics from your stash. I am so jealous tho, I'm not nearly as far on our class project. Congrats :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's gorgeous!!! can't wait to see it quilted.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for chiming in and leaving a comment!