Wednesday, August 22, 2012

x & + revisited

I'm very excited to be part of the Love circle at do.Good Stitches, an online charity bee started by Rachel of Stitched in Color. I've been wanting to be more involved in the online sewing community, and I think this bee will be just the thing. Our circle of 10 makes quilts to benefit children living in poverty through Wrap Them in Love. It's a cause I believe in, and a great and very talented group of ladies I'm looking forward to working with.

For my first month in the circle, I have gotten to revisit a favorite block, the x and +! The prompt was pretty flexible -- 3 blocks made from whatever fabrics and whatever colors we have on hand. Great!


I had lots of fun playing around with the different combinations of color, values, and scale in the three different blocks but tried not to worry too much about more unusual pairings (like the modern pez and floral print in the top left block). These are also really simple to make -- lots of visual bang for your buck in terms of time, that's for sure. I've already tried combining mine in different ways, it will be fun to see all the blocks come together in one quilt top!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for chiming in and leaving a comment!