This the last of the three knitting projects I finished up a couple weeks ago. The last time I wrote about it, I just had to finish up the ribbing on the sleeves, but was having trouble using the magic loop method to get that done. I just wasn't happy with how loosely I needed to stitch to get my cable to bend and behave properly. Guess I need practice. I ended up going out and getting size 2 DPNs and took me about 10 minutes to pick up the stitches and get an inch of ribbing done on both sleeves. Nothing like having the right tools for the job!
The pattern is Newborn Vertebrae, a free pattern on Ravelry. I used leftover yarns from other projects, Dream in Color Smooshy with Cashmere (fierce scarlet) and Shalimar Yarns Breathless (asilomar). I chose to make the it short sleeved so I probably used about 150 yards total, give or take. It was completed in a little less than a month.
The small gauge of the yarn and teeny needles took some getting used to, but I really enjoyed working on this. The pattern is simple, and I taught myself a new skill (knitting from left to right) to make it a little bit more interesting in the big bits of stockinette. The piece blocked up nicely with steam and I'm excited to pack it up and send it on its way to our friends in Basel.
It's Finish it up Friday so that means it's time to check out what everyone else has been up to.