Thursday, September 19, 2019

blocking alllll the things

OMG. The craft room is full of blocking boards and pinned out wool. And it’s glorious. A couple days ago I sat down to weave in ends on a bunch of finished projects. It took me all afternoon and evening (the last project had lots of stripes). Today I decided to address the pile ready for blocking.


I started out thinking I’d block just this scarf. Incidentally, it was way easier to do this than I thought it was going to be. I can’t believe I put it off so long!

Then I decided to take the plunge and block out this cowl. It has a feathery yarn on it, so I wasn’t sure if I could get it wet. No time like the present to find out! There was no way I would wear it unblocked anyway, so it’s worth trying out. The internet says I can hand wash and lay flat, so it should be ok.


Then I decided to take the plunge and pin out this shawl so I can wear it this fall. It took so many blocking mats and pins I wasn’t sure I’d have enough!


The amazing part is I had room to do this all! It’s so nice having my own space to spread out on table, cabinet, and/or floor. The only consequence of the current state of the room is there is no room to actually do anything else in it, but having three things getting dried out and finished at once is so great. And there’s even a door to close so the kittens can’t find any mischief.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for chiming in and leaving a comment!