The fuzzy yarn wasn't too bad to work with. the biggest challenge was the process of fluffing it up after everything was done. I expect that will still occur as it gets worn. Essentially, the thin fibers need to work their way out of the twists of the knitting, which they readily do because they are so slippery. You'll notice that there are vertical-ish lines of knitting next to slanted rows. It was supposed to be just simple chevrons along the whole thing but somehow I must have missed a decrease or increase and got a stitch off, but by the time I noticed it I decided I liked it that way. I swear I followed the written pattern. In the end that makes this less stretchy than the one I saw in the shop, but blocking helped a lot and it actually fits my shoulders better this way.
It isn't quite a cowl but not really a shawl either. It wears very well with the bottom panel dropped down over both shoulders and the top ribbing up around the neck. The whole thing didn't take very long - I finished in in a few weeks in June, while dreaming of cooler weather. It looks very cute and I'm looking forward to some chillier days this fall so I can romp around looking like an autumnal lion.
Pattern: Chevron Cowl by Laura Bryant (my Ravelry page)Yarn: madelinetosh Chunky in 'plaid blanket' and Prism Plume in 'mustard'
Needle: US 9 and US 10
Size: Blocked flat to 13" /20" across (top/bottom) and 14" tall