Tuesday, February 25, 2020

border progress

To be honest, I've gotten a little bored with knitting these leaves. They are the only thing standing between me and a beautiful blanket, so onward we go. To break up the repetition a bit and to help me see just how many more leaves I need to complete I decided to start attaching the border to the blanket.


There are more than a few options to attach knitted borders including whip stitch, knitting on as you go, and crochet. I want this to be relatively sturdy but also stretchy so I went with the crochet option. Essentially all I'm doing is lining things up as best I can and doing a single crochet stitch through both layers. 


I'm not sure I'll have enough gray to finish the leaves and attach the border so I went into my stash and found a pretty variegated purple to use instead. I imagined that I would just get a punchy purple line of crochet v's along the back edge, but I didn't also realize that I would see it on the front a bit. I actually quite like the effect, it just means I have to make sure I try to space out my stitches as evenly as I can as I go along. I just have 15 more leaves to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for chiming in and leaving a comment!