Wednesday, February 26, 2020

stitchery progress

I enjoyed a bit of California February today and took my al fresco lunch outside. Nothing says "winter" like avocado and tomatoes, right??? Ha. Lucky me the sun was shining and the birds were singing, no joke. I'm only a little bit behind on my embroidery project for National Embroidery Month, so I'll catch up in the next couple of days and get it finished, I'm 100% sure. 


What was keeping me the last couple days was actually the fact that I did not have the thread to do the mountains. The pattern calls for pearl cotton number 8 in a series of grays. I of course could use a series of any color in any thread, but I don't actually have a nice set I like in my floss, so I ventured out to the local thread store. Yes, I now have a local yarn shop AND a local thread store. The place was amazing and welcoming and well stocked. I'm very excited to explore some more, but this time I left with just the four colors I needed. I ended up with pearl cotton number 5 instead of 8, but I like the thicker thread anyway. 


Mountains, trees, clouds - that's all that is left! I'm going to leave the braids for last after I soak the whole piece to get the Magic Paper off. It doesn't make sense to me to soak the braids unnecessarily. Just keep stitching, just keep stitching...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for chiming in and leaving a comment!