Wednesday, September 26, 2018

lilac mountain

At the end of last week I found myself browsing around Ravelry's pattern page (again). They have a "what's hot right now" list that changes regularly and I always like to click on some of those patterns and see what's what. This time around there was a cool modern looking cowl that had just been released and the designer had it downloadable for free for the first day. Lucky me! 


I stash dived and found a good yarn pairing with the right amount of yardage and just cast on. I enjoyed the break from the socks I'm working on, and with the pattern being pretty easy to memorize and super fun to see form, this piece was done in no time. I ran out of the background yarn before the last repeat, but it turned out plenty tall enough even so. It's kind of an unconventional color pair, but I quite like the way the lilac works with the brighter colors of the variegated background. The fabric is thick and sturdy and it's gonna be nice and toasty. 


Pattern: 66 Triangles Cowl (my Ravelry page)
Needle: US 5
Yarn: Lion Brand Martha Stewart Extra Soft Wool Blend in 'Lilac' & Madelinetosh Tosh Vintage in 'Rocky Mountain High, Colorado'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for chiming in and leaving a comment!