Monday, February 11, 2019

oldie but goodie

This last week I dug into my yarn stash, spent some time browsing Ravelry, and organized myself a new project queue. I have seven things ready to go! That meant winding a bunch of yarn and squirreling away the cakes into a variety of project bags I have hanging around (literally) in my craft closet, which was very satisfying. In the process of course, one takes stock of what is currently ongoing and already hanging up. Two big knitting projects linger on, my shetland shawl and a gray blanket I cast on in 2015. 


I'm not planning on finishing either before starting something new, but I did decide to grab the blanket and make some progress. Actually after such a long time this feels new again! The knitting goes pretty quickly with worsted weight yarn, and the pattern is interesting yet easy enough to do something else while knitting (i.e. watch tennis), and I'm getting a lot of practice on cabling without a cable needle. You can actually see the line where I started knitting again, basically near the top of the tree trunks. Looks like I've gotten quite a few extra inches done! I'm about 2/3 of the way through the center panel, and then of course there's a border to do, so I suppose a little over halfway done. 5 of the 7 upcoming projects are with fingering weight yarn or lighter, so I'm going to enjoy knitting with some "big" yarn for a few more days before casting on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for chiming in and leaving a comment!