Thursday, August 6, 2020

Lost in the Woods

I’ve really got that whole winter hat thing taken care of this year. Not that I didn’t already have enough as it was.... but in this case I used up some leftover yarn from making my Aslan cowl to try out a matching hat. I apparently can’t wait for cold weather this year. 


It’s a relatively straightforward pattern without too much difficulty. In fact the hardest part was just finding the right size circular needle in my drawer. I made the brim longer so I can fold it up to wear as a fitted beanie. It looks good as a slouchy hat too, but I like the beanie best. I like this colorway a lot; it reminds me of a piney forest on a gray day. The song “Lost in the Woods” from Frozen 2 makes me chuckle, so the moniker stuck to this one when I was searching my brain. Who doesn’t love a good 80s rock ballad?


Pattern: Squarshy Hat (my Ravelry page)
Yarn: madelinetosh chunky in ‘plaid blanket’
Needle: US 10 (6 mm) and US 8 (5 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for chiming in and leaving a comment!