Monday, August 20, 2012

Aviary Patchwork done!

I finished! It took a couple months and most of that it was sitting around waiting for me, but I finished up the binding this weekend. Basically a picture post to celebrate:

I used the pretty yellow lattice print as the binding, and I like how it blends into the front and contrasts nicely with the back. I followed Rachel's zig zag binding tutorial, and I must say I'm quite pleased! I was planning on handstitching the binding to the back, but this was much quicker, and I think seems much more rugged and - dare I say it - modern.

The finished quilt is about 60" x 60" and is plenty big enough for two people to sit on and have some cheese and crackers at the park. 

Hopefully soon we'll see our friends so we can hand this over. Dave isn't wanting to get rid of it! 

August Finishes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for chiming in and leaving a comment!