Thursday, June 6, 2013

Spring Showers

This is the week of the bee block. This pretty block was requested in the Bee Sew Modern bee by Anna. She posted a nice tutorial on her blog. I appreciated her thorough instructions for pieces to cut out, though my knees and back protested my doing so on the floor. Oooops. Cutting out all of the pieces ahead of time definitely saved time in the long run though -- chain piecing made assembly a breeze. 


I raided the scrap jars again for this block -- with the addition of the white from stash. Anna chose colors that reminded her of spring rain, and I must say I agree with her. I'm quite partial to these colors. Also spring rains. I enjoyed driving around with my dad when it rained in Chicago. Nothing says 'lazy Sunday' to me like a drive in a light drizzle. I don't get to do that much around here, but I love it when I get the chance. People think I'm a bit nuts when I revel in the rainy days. 


With the exception of the center on-point square, this block is just squares, HSTs, and flying geese. Pretty simple actually considering how complicated it looks! I'm looking forward to seeing how she puts everyone's blocks together. 

1 comment:

Thanks for chiming in and leaving a comment!