Monday, June 8, 2020

week twelve

I’ve been much more inclined to play with fabric than yarn lately and that’s ok. My creativity has been going through streaks where I do a lot of one thing and then switch. We’ve been in the midst of a heat wave here and somehow working with yarn just hasn’t been appealing. That said, I haven’t forgotten about my sweater. I’m at the point where the sleeves are added and progress is slow but true. One sleeve is done and the second is getting there. 


It’s basically been three months of quarantine at this point, and I’m still thinking of this as my “quarantine sweater” as I work. We are starting to see opening happen in phases (dining on patios! retail with masks!) but are still pretty much limiting what we do outside the house on any given day. I’ve been so impressed with the adaptability of all the businesses we ended up in over the weekend from the farmstand to the coffee shop. Everyone is doing their best. I’m sure we’ll be inching back to opening up just like I’m inching towards the end of this sweater, in fits and starts. But a little bit of patience goes a long way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for chiming in and leaving a comment!