Friday, March 23, 2012

Easter purse in progress

After my feeling of personal success in finishing an Easter gift for Samara weeks in advance, there set in a feeling of 'uh oh, what am I going to make for Jasmine?' After some thought I decided to make her a little purse that she could tote around. She's a bit of a girly girl, so I'm hoping she'll enjoy it. I had just the fabric in mind, too! What is more perfect than using a line named Girly Girl!


This fabric is designed by one of my favorite artists, Bella Pilar, for Studio E. You may know her from her gorgeous Papyrus greeting cards with whimsical girls in dresses made of glittery flowers. They're a thing in my family. My husband got me a "girl with a blue butterfly dress" card one birthday, and I've been pretty much hooked ever since.

This was really simple and quick to do. I got the pattern from this tutorial which shows the purse with little bracelets for handles. I used a heavier twill fabric for the second fabric though, so when I tried putting bracelets on, it didn't look right. Or maybe the bracelets are smaller than the ones she shows. Either way, I didn't like it. I have to think up a handle solution. Ribbon?


Bonus, it's reversible! Currently, I'm trying to decide whether I want to embroider/embellish the green side with felt flowers. I think if I do this, it will detract from the reversibility, but it could end up looking super cute. Decisions, decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for chiming in and leaving a comment!