Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Simple

This is a post about a work-in-progress inspired by a simple pillow design at The Purl Bee. I've been much better lately about saving ideas for later and then actually *doing* them, something I have always been challenged with. The inspiration design is a simple grid quilted with red thread on light cream muslin fabric. I think the simplicity of it is what makes it so attractive.


I decided to swap out the muslin for linen and use light yellow and light aqua thread to make intersecting grids with the two colors. The effect with these colors on linen is more subtle than the red on cream. I'm thinking of adding some extra geometrical quilting in some of the squares here and there, but I haven't decided yet. Maybe I should just leave well enough alone and enjoy the grid. Thoughts?


Linking up to Freshly Pieced WIP Wednesday

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for chiming in and leaving a comment!