Friday, September 28, 2012

Wonky Pinwheels

This month's blocks for the Love circle @ do.Good Stitches were designed by Natalie of Greenleaf Goods. Her tutorial to make these wonky pinwheel blocks was great, and I really like the design. The colors she chose were warm and rich reds, oranges, yellows, browns, and purples. Just perfect to start off autumn!


These blocks were actually quite a challenge for me, not because of the piecing but because of the colors! It's funny that I really love all of these colors, especially in combination, but I don't really have many of them in my stash. I managed, but I definitely don't have the pretty pinky purples that I think look so nice in Natalie's blocks. I gravitate towards cool colors, that's for sure. Even my yellows are on the cooler side of yellow. Hmph.


I managed, though. Instead of mixing up my neutral backgrounds, I wanted to try two blocks with different neutrals - one linen and one kona snow. I hope these will play well with the other blocks everyone comes up with. The quilt is sure to be a stunner.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for chiming in and leaving a comment!