Thursday, January 10, 2013

Blanket Bonanza

This one is one of the best 2012 projects of all because I got to work with my mom. It's really all because she was so crafty while I grew up (and continues to be) that I do any of these things at all so it was especially fun to help her out while I was home for the holidays.

You know, the blankets where you tie the edges of two pieces of fleece together? We made three. We stopped in the fabric store, right next to the DSW ;), and had lots of fun picking out fleece combinations for boys. Having two nieces it gets pink and girly pretty quick so picking out boy oriented fabrics was a fun change. What boys don't like robots, monkeys, and football?

I will admit, Mom did all the hard work of squaring up and snipping the edges. I just followed along and helped her tie.


She and I finished two blankets in an evening, and she completed the third the night after I left. Somehow I ended up without a picture of the robots, my favorite one, but here's a look at monkeys and football.



I think these will be enjoyed! I know I have loved and worn out the two I have from years ago. There may or may not be some cute owls for me to use the next time I am home...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for chiming in and leaving a comment!