Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Newton on the needles

Since I finished my Color Affection shawl, I started another knitting project. I've got a couple sweaters hibernating somewhere, but I'm still craving smaller faster projects. Go figure. I've had entrelac on my radar for a while now. I've been wanting to learn how it works. I saw this cowl on Ravelry and decided that was the project to do it with. 


While I love the colors in the example I saw on Ravelry, and indeed that was the first thing that drew me to the pattern in the first place, I decided to tone it down. After all, I just finished a shawl with a lot of flamingo pink in it. Nine Rubies had a shelf full of this lovely soft cuddly yarn, Cascade Eco Duo. The variegated skein in charcoal gray and white seemed like just the thing to use for this project. I'm hoping the colors turn out to distribute themselves nicely among the squares in the same way as the inspiration piece. 


I'm already more than halfway done with this -- teaching myself to knit from left to right on the baby sweater I made earlier this year has really proved to be useful here. There would be a harrowing amount of turning the piece around every six stitches otherwise.


While I purchased this yarn long before I ever met Newton, I couldn't help but notice how perfectly these colors match his coat. Newton it is. A cowl is born.

Linking up to WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for chiming in and leaving a comment!