Monday, July 27, 2015

knitting the hours away

The wonderful thing about having a relatively simple project to work on is being able to pick it up anytime, anywhere. 


This garter stitch shawl is great because I only need to remember to count after a wrap and turn and to add single increases at the end of each row. Easy! On a plane? Sure. In a tent? Piece of cake. Watching Outlander/Wayward Pines/Dave play Arkham Knight? Sure thing. On the porch with some cold brew? Don't mind if I do. 


I'm loving the color combo and the ridge-ity bumpy garter stitch texture. A discerning eye will notice that the lines from the color changes are visible on both sides of the piece. That's because somebody can't read directions. I noticed about halfway in that I hadn't doubled back in the appropriate places to ensure the color changes would all land on the same side (i.e. the eventual "back"). It doesn't bother me though. I kind of like the extra little sparkle of that one row of mixed color and to be honest I wasn't going to rip back that far to fix something that wasn't going to totally ruin the thing. 


It grows and grows! Time to look for an appropriately stretchy bind off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for chiming in and leaving a comment!