Monday, March 11, 2019

lavender

With all the tiny yarn shawl projects on the needles, sometimes you just have to work on something quick and easy. It seems like every time I stop in Michael’s I find myself over by the cotton yarn bins picking out a couple of balls for crocheting. 


This time I was with a friend who picked out these pretty spring colors. The fun thing was, when I got home and started working on these I realized that the purple ball was scented like lavender! That made working on these especially nice - I will have to keep my eye out for more of the smelly ones. 


I used the scented solid in the border rows and the variegated ball in the center and for the edging which means each of the finished squares look quite different from each other. These four squares used up all of two balls of cotton and filled up an evening with lavender scent and relaxing making.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for chiming in and leaving a comment!