Wednesday, March 6, 2019

yet another

While it’s ironic that I haven’t made much more progress on the Shetland shawl, whose last hank of yarn was the reason I wound all of the things, I have enjoyed the casting on of not one but THREE new shawls. All triangle, all fingering weight, two of which are just one skein big. This third shawl uses another King’s Mountain Art Fair purchase. It has SPARKLES in it and is a variegated party of some of my favorite colors: gray, purple, and turquoise.


The pattern is super simple and has some really neat slipped/dropped stitch texture to it that I think suits the relatively busy variegation very well. I am enjoying the way the colors are playing in the stockinette and also the funny fact that my needles and silly sheep stitch markers coordinate. It’s a simple thing, but oddly satisfying whilst taking photos. This yarn bowl is on my nightstand so I can get in a row here and there before going to sleep. Hopefully the mischievous kitty who likes to play with yarn can ignore it for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for chiming in and leaving a comment!