Thursday, October 17, 2013

curves.

Improv curves were the order of the month from Jacey, Love circle queen bee for October. She picked out a bright fall color scheme and asked for 6 small blocks. 



Improv curves are apparently not my thing; I had a hard time with them. I learned my lesson pretty quickly that gentle curves were friendlier than the more dramatic ones, though I tried to make blocks with a range of curvatures. I also had a lot of puckering issues in the beginning until I decided to abandon pinning and sew the pieces together 'freehand'. Strange, since the pins are supposed to help! I was happy to finish them this afternoon. It's not a block I'd make again for myself, but I'm sure the finished quilt is going to look fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for chiming in and leaving a comment!