Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Tron cowl, completed

Whew, it's done. This cowl turned out quite beautifully. The fabric is dense but drapey, pleasantly squishy, and has a wonderful texture both for the eye and the fingers. It took me just over three weeks to finish, though I did not make it the full 10.5" wide called for in the pattern. Rather, I stopped and blocked it to about 6". It measures a whopping 56" in circumference, plenty to wrap around twice and have enough slack to fluff. 


Pattern: Array by Shibui knits (free on Ravelry)
Yarns: Cascade superwash 220 (space needle) and Cascade heritage silk (cerulean)


The cowl and this little lavender sachet were gifted to my wonderful and talented riding instructor for her birthday, and I'm happy to say she was surprised and happy to get something handmade. And very complimentary of my "secret talent". I have informed her that it was made for wearing at the barn and is machine washable. She doesn't believe me yet and is afraid she'll ruin it, but I'm sure she won't be able to resist the comfort of a cowl on some of our brisk foggy mornings we are heading into. I've worn my Portland cowl every morning for the last week or so. Cozy. 

I am not sure if I'd make this again with these yarn weights... I might try chunkier yarns to make the inches fly by faster. Unsure. I do really like the way it turned out, though, so it's definitely on my radar for future pieces. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for chiming in and leaving a comment!