Thursday, October 10, 2013

Pretty posy

This little lovely is a bee block for the Get Your Hex On bee. It's a simple grandmother's garden block, but was oh so fun to stitch up. The fabrics we received in the package look like retro reproduction prints and they are in bright, bold colors. I especially like how the pop of solid yellow in the center sets it all off. 


I will say, after having participated in this bee for the last several months, hand piecing a quilt top no longer seems so intimidating to me. I can see the appeal of having a little travel pouch full of shapes to sew together and seeing the project grow block by block over time. When it's done there must be such a sense of accomplishment being able to say it was all done by hand. 


I also see the wisdom of having a bee full of members help out. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for chiming in and leaving a comment!