Thursday, December 20, 2012

Cherry on top

Because I wanted to do something a little different one afternoon, I decided to pull out my jewelry making tools and make a few sets of earrings to go with my latest necklace projects. Here's what I came up with:




All of the beads were purchased at an expo in Chicago a couple years ago. It was amazing. McCormick center was full of accessories, jewelry, and jewelry supplies. My mom, sister-in-law, and I went and had a blast! I still have a small stash left, and it's always fun to bring them out and see what I can do. Mostly I really enjoy combining colors in interesting ways. My wire wrapping skills aren't 100% great yet, but good enough to do the simple wraps required for these connections.

I made the backing cards from some water color paper and some Moo business cards. The holes were punched using a dress maker's pin which makes a perfect sized opening to thread the earrings through. Presto! Cute looking earrings to give.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for chiming in and leaving a comment!