Tuesday, September 22, 2015

cables for fall

I couldn't resist casting on just one more project! This is one of the skeins of yarn I bought at Nine Rubies earlier this month and it is working up nicely into a Hediye, a pattern from Ysolda Teague's Knitworthy collection. Each Knitworthy project I've done so far turned out great and was a fun, quick knit. This is living up to that as well.


I LOVE the color, whiskey barrel, and how this yarn is working up. It's so springy and the stitch definition is lovely. The pattern looks more complicated than it actually is, and by this point I've memorized the repeat. I'm also taking Ysolda's advice and practicing cabling without a cable needle. Since these are just four-stitch cables, I haven't had any problem with dropped stitches (yet!) and it does go much faster. I am really enjoying learning new skills with this, which makes me want to work on it all the time! It's been following me around, since it's still quite compact and portable. 


I've been reading so much about folks working on cabled projects for fall that it seems I had to join in the fun. With an Aidez, a Tree of Life, and this all going at once I can see the theme for this season is textured knitting! Lots of cables to be had. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for chiming in and leaving a comment!