Tuesday, September 15, 2026

my first vest attempt

I am doing a solid job of sticking to my intention to both knit garments this year and use the yarn I bought on the yarn crawl. This is another one of those projects. I started this on the 4th and this is the progress I made through the Sunday. It's been quite fun to work on, if slow going because I have to actually read the chart. I have now run up against the arm hole decreases which require more attention than a weeknight with YouTube (or knitting while waiting for my car to be fixed) can provide so I'm a bit stalled. I really want to wear this once the weather gets cooler though so I am motivated to find my way through. It's going to be an oversized vest, and I am hoping it turns out as edgy and hip looking as I imagine. 


The color changes of the Noro are surprising and beautiful. The unexpected color shifts are going to make this quite a statement piece! I like the navy I chose as my background, though I was not anticipating that it would blend in with the Noro quite as much as it is doing. That makes it harder to knit, too, because at night I just can't see the difference very well in the darkest sections. Aging eyes - SIGH. I will soldier on! Maybe just in the daylight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for chiming in and leaving a comment!