Wednesday, September 9, 2026

pumpkin coaster reprise

I had a great day of making on Monday. I finished up a chicken in the morning and then spent the afternoon in my sewing room playing with scraps. I sent my mom this picture and asked "want some coasters?" since my scraps were still out and ready for play. Happily, she said yes.


I had a nice time playing and ended up with another two pumpkins that look festive and fun. Mom likes bright colors, so I chose the brightest pieces I could find. I also made sure the fun cats and owls made an appearance. 


For the back I fussy cut a Disney haunted mansion print. I would use these with this side up too! I just love this fabric. It's so creative and quirky, and the mansion was one of the rides I remember liking the most at Disney as a kid. Pirates of the Caribbean was another favorite. I ran out of the felt I was using for the stems after cutting only three pieces (I needed four) so I pivoted and used a grayer green for the back of the stems and the original more olive toned green for the front. I actually quite like the way it turned out; in fact the grayer tone works very well with the colors in the print. 


I'm going to pack these up in a little envelope and send them off to mom, hopefully before October gets underway. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for chiming in and leaving a comment!