Tuesday, February 5, 2019

pansy

The last of my Caron Cakes is now a finished project. I must say, they are a fun way to do colorful things with a minimum amount of ends... just two!


Mom sent me this chevron cowl pattern when I mentioned I was looking for fun things to make with these yarns. It's a neat combination of modern geometric pattern with traditional granny square stitching. Having made actual granny squares before, it was a really simple pattern to memorize and work in the evenings. In fact I found myself wanting to sit down and pick this up every night once I started it - quite addicting. Progress was fast and the colors are punchy. I love it. 


The color way name is Plum Crisp but I am partial to pansies and I thought of them as I was crocheting so I'm calling it Pansy. The color changes weren't completely perfect so there's a noticeable skinny stripe where I started but that's ok with me. I guess I could have started with the yellow instead but there'd be a yellow-gray-yellow-gray repeat anyway. 


I used the whole skein of yarn and this would comfortably wrap twice around or could be draped long just once. I like the way the border ends up scalloped and the fabric sturdy enough to stand up a little. It didn't need a block at all, it's ready to wear!

Pattern: Granny Golightly, free on Ravelry (my Ravelry page)
Yarn: Caron Cakes in 'Plum Crisp'
Needle: US I (5.5 mm)
Size: 10.5" x 50"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for chiming in and leaving a comment!