I got a boogie bath board and we had our inaugural experience Monday night after I got my back adjusted. Rather than candles and wine and cheese, this crafter decided to take some granny squares into the bath. I don’t know that I’d work on a big project, but it was pretty fun to combine two relaxing things. Would do again.
The next day, the first thing I wanted to do when I rolled out of bed was combine those granny squares and finish this chicken. It is incredibly cute and I want to make more. I’m pretty sure I saw this on Pinterest and saved it ‘for someday’ and I’m proud of myself for actually returning to the idea and making it happen.
I rummaged through my worsted weight yarns and came up with some scraps I thought created a pleasing palette and improvised my way through their pattern placement. Luck was with me along the way helping me use up exactly the amount I had both of the maroon center and the peachy outline yarn - very satisfying. There’s plenty of that psychedelic variegated yarn left, which is excellent because it suits the piece really well. The only downside to making this was that the needle size is quite small compared to the yarn, presumably to make a nice tight piece for keeping the stuffing in, and I kept catching it and splitting my yarn on the double and triple stitches. Annoying, but perseverance was well worth it.
I am starting a new job at the beginning of next month, and I am gifting this to a coworker who has been both a close friend and a fellow knitter. I’m not going far, I will still be on campus, but we won’t be seeing each other quite as often so this will be a humorous avatar for her to have at her desk to give the side eye when she is frustrated at something. A very enjoyable, quick project that turned out so great even on the first try. Everyone needs a tiny chicken!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for chiming in and leaving a comment!