This set of four calling birds (teehee) is finished except for some beads to stitch on. I’ve never done that, so it will be a fun new thing to experience. Stitching went quickly and enjoyably. Each time I picked it up the progress was significant. The colors substituted from stash turned out looking wonderful, I love the grey background, and I am SO glad there is no backstitch outlining to do.
I went drawer diving to see if I had a hoop in an appropriate size and alas, no. It’s a toss up as to whether this will actually end up fitting in a hoop even if I do get a bigger one. When I cut the fabric I basically forgot to take into account the room around the design that would be required. I may end up making this into an ornament by stuffing instead of hooping. My preference is for a hoop though, so I’ll go out and pick one up soon and give it a try. It feels good to have this much progress on it and to have found a designer whose work I enjoy stitching up so much.
Immediately after setting this down I picked up my Clint. I’m done with the center quilt squares and on to adding background strips around it. After that comes the wings. Very exciting.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for chiming in and leaving a comment!